Wednesday, September 5, 2007

FLIP.

This was the summer that Riley threw away the floaties altogether and learned to swim on his own. He actually started it at the end of last summer, and I figured that it would take him a while to find that confidence again this year. Not so! He has been a fish all summer, and once he gets in he never wants to get out! He worked up the courage to try something new this year too. He's doing flips off of the deck. Now, my little butterball doesn't catch much air, but it IS a flip! He's so proud of himself (and so am I!). I love this kid.

This is a little digital "scrapbook" page that I worked up today. It shows Riley flipping in four stages. I played with the "burst" feature on my camera to get these. Very cool. It's all done in Photoshop.



And here's one that didn't make the scrapbook page.

10 comments:

jamie said...

Hey!! Sorry, I have been quite the busy little bee. Doesn't it make you nervous that he flips in the pool like that?? I always get so nervous when my kiddos do things like that. Love the frame by frame shots!!

Wendy said...

GO RILEY GO RILEY! Don't you love when they take that next stp to be all grown up! Ainsley did that samething! We should get them together sometimes.

Judy said...

Courage comes in all forms and at different times in our life..This is your little man gaining courage to face other challenges.

So, swim, splash and filp little fish. (but be careful!)

Queen of Foo Foo said...

OHHH that is so Good! He looks like he has it Mom. Cute picture!

Anonymous said...

Love the collage. What version of Phot Shop do you use? I have a disc with a bunch of photoshop, but their program seem hard to me!

Amanda said...

OMG Amy that would make me a nervous wreck...I'm sure it did you too in the beginning though. Cool pictures though! So nice to finally see a scrapbook page too, looks FAB!

Shelia said...

He's turned into a brave little guy! Pooh would NEVER flip into a pool like that! LOL

Cassandra said...

Your "Flip" page is AWESOME!!!! Love your work!

Judy said...

Thanks for the comment on my Butterfly..girl you need to find your grove again..however, I love the music additions!! Not sure I could figure that one out. Have you checked out Jeff's video on his?

Heather said...

Very brave boy you've got there...Charlie crossed that point last year and it scared me to death!