Friday, July 20, 2007

Keepin' Cool

What an appropriate challenge this week. It has just been m-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e out, and our goal was to stay as cool as possible! So, the question was...what do I take a photo of for the challenge? I wanted to do something different than all of the pool photos that I've been doing lately. I've done a photo of sweet tea and a Jones green apple soda. I had an idea for a photo, but in the end I just didn't go take it. I'm rather shy about just whipping out my big ol' camera in public. LOL. So, I settled on this one. Riley and I decided it was too hot to do much today, so we decided to take in a movie. This is a shot of our movie theater. The building is rather plain, so I used some filters in photoshop to spice it up a bit. I rather like the effect. At any rate, it "saved" an otherwise boring photo.

I'll try to post the new challenge tomorrow morning. It's been an awfully long day. Besides the movie, I've dealt with computer problems and ended up having to install a new fax modem. Apparently my old fax modem was a victim of last Saturday's lightening storm, and I just figured out that it was the cause of our phone problems all week.


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a very cool effect!!! That stinks that you ahve had some many problems from one storm they can be a pain that is for sure!! Hope next week is better.

jamie said...

Pretty cool, is this the theater in town??? Sounds good, do they have AC???? haha

I like the effect!! It looks like neon lights!! Sorry about the phone line...we don't have lightning up here either.

Judy said...

very cool effects..of an otherwise boring building! Dark and cool with popcorn and a coke..sounds good to me!

dana said...

cool keeping cool picture, i saw a green apple soda (JOnes) and thought of you yesterday!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Amy I love the picture. Very cool
idea.

Wendy said...

I love it, that is one way to keep cool, I always freeze when i see a movie!

Heather said...

Oh, I love the cold of a movie theater! Luke doesn't like the movie atmosphere, so it's been a while since I've seen a movie not on DVD....LOL

Great way to keep cool, though!!

Brewton Girl said...

Cool idea!! Great picture!!

Judy said...

I MISS YOU ...GET THAT STINKIN "CUTER" FIXED!