Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's An Addiction!

Yes, I have an addiction. It isn't smoking. It isn't drinking. It's PHOTOSHOP! When I got my first digital camera (1.3 mega pixels) many moons ago, I didn't think I would ever go totally digital for photos. But.....then I had a baby, started scrapbooking and developed a love for photography. I was spending tons of $$$ on film, developing and prints, etc., and it was never fast enough for me. I'm such an instant gratification kinda girl when it comes to my photos. I need to see them NOW! So, when Riley turned 2, I shelved my film SLR camera and bought a new digital SLR. It was LOVE from the first click of the shutter! I've never looked back. Photoshop has made me fall in love with digital photography just that much more! I'm truly addicted to it. Whenever I get a chance, I'm reading up on it and learning how to improve my photos with different techniques. I'm still paying for prints, but I have instant access to my photos as soon as that shutter clicks and the image is written to that memory card. You just can't beat that in my book! Of course, I haven't printed pictures in forever! It's gonna cost me a fortune whenever I do decide that I need to have them printed....but they've been viewed, edited and saved for safe keeping until the times comes for printing!


Here is a photo of my shameless addiction.


7 comments:

Judy said...

Well! I so wish I could work your magic with photoshop...have they come with a Photoshop for dummies yet?

I am going to get to it one day..I am going to learn how! I am I am I am! Lately I could do it at 1am!

Spectacular as always! Oh and prefer to call it....ah heck it's an addiction!

jamie said...

It is an addiction!!! I just wish I could afford Photoshop!! ONE DAY, maybe when I grow up!! Until that day comes, I guess photo impression will have to do!!

Thanks for clueing me in on this wonderful addiction!

dana said...

amY,

I NEED BIG TIME HELP WITH PHOTOSHOP. I have 3.0 elements and i am so confused. you want to come visit and help, LOL.

Brewton Girl said...

I'm with jamie, I would love to have it but my extra money has to go to other things right now!!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Heck if I got photo shop I wouldn't know what to do. Do you want to teach a class for dummies?

Anonymous said...

I have some Photo Shop programs too but it is the most confusing program I have ever played with. Which one do you have? Is there a simple version, I don't get all the layers and saving what I have stumpled through accomplishing. I'm with Judy Photo Shop for Dummies!

Shelia said...

That is soooo cool girl! The colors are outstanding! Way to go!