Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Change of Perspective.

I view the world in such a different way since I've discovered this hobby of photography. Through my camera I have really learned to appreciate all of God's beauty around me. It's like when I got my first pair of glasses back in the tenth grade. Until I put those glasses on, I had no idea how bright and colorful the world really was...how much I had been missing with my less than perfect vision. Before my interest in photography, I would never have noticed half of the things I now notice, and I certainly wouldn't have thought to take pictures. Tonight's picture of pool floats, for instance--Before photography they would have been just floats. Now, they are the BRIGHT, BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL COLORS OF SUMMER!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Sweet words and great picture. And I have to thank you for sharing with me so I too can take a second look at things I would otherwise Pass by.

Shelia said...

How beautiful! You're so right on looking at things differently girl. Truely, I think it turns you back into a kid a little bit.

jamie said...

I too, believe that it is so good to stop and 'smell the roses'. We need to take time out of our busy lives and see the beautiful colors that God has for us!! It is like our pastor said last Sunday, we need to be in God's timezone not in mans timezone. This is so hard too!! I think this photography puts you there a little! Taking time out to see the beautiful array of colors he has in store for us!!

I love the texture that this photo brings!!! Pretty Cool!!