Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Another quick post from me tonight. I did sneak a couple of pictures today, but only because the weather forced me to. Our power kept going out this afternoon when a brief storm blew through...and I do mean BLEW THROUGH! The wind was strong and gusty. It blew a tree down in my brother's yard, overturned a heavy flower planter on our front porch, and blew mom's umbrella off the back deck....wish I would have been able to catch that on camera. I felt a little like Dorothy today when the cyclone blew through. I kept hearing that music (dodododododo.....) from when Mrs. Gulch was riding her bike to get poor little Toto. LOL.
Anyway, while the power was all wonky, I couldn't very well type...so I used the opportunity to grab the camera and snap a couple of pics for the blog. I was just too busy to blog yesterday. I'm still behind on my work. The first pic is of our trees out back during the gusty wind portion of the storm and before rain. Then, after the storm, came the rainbow. It looks a lot like my previous rainbow pic, but it's not the same...I promise!!! It was just in the same location!





6 comments:

Amanda said...

Love that rainbow picture. We saw one last Thursday on the way to IL. I wish I could have taken a picture, but we were driving. It was a full rainbow...so very cool. One of these days I WILL capture an awesome rainbow picture like yours. :)

Judy said...

Love the Rainbow too! I was on my way home in that wind! We did not have power either...My umbrellas went flying somewhere too...I'll look for them tomorrow!

Hope you get caught up by Friday!

jamie said...

I love the rainbow, and I will be checking to make sure it isn't the same pic!!LOL.. I can't believe the wind was blowing that hard!! I can really tell from the motion of the trees!! Pretty cool!!

We will let you slide on the blog yesterday, seeings how it is WORK!! LOL

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to catch a pic of the rinbow. It deffinately was visible at my house. I guess there are too many trees on my lot. That wind was awsome. The news said there were three tornado sighting, but none touched down. Thank God.

Shelia said...

Oh wow Ame! Just beautiful girl! My truck was actually blown off the road while on my way home! LOL

Wendy said...

Just Beautiful! I love the rainbow!!! Thank you for being there for me!~!! Love you!