Thursday, June 28, 2007

An Idea....

Okay, lady bloggers (I'm pretty sure Jeff is too busy for this at the moment!), I have an idea that I want to run past you all.

Would anyone be interested in a WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE? No, it's not a contest, as mom thought. It's just a challenge. A way to keep things interesting. Sometimes we wonder what to photograph and have no direction. With a photo challenge your mind would be searching for specific things to meet the criteria of the week's challenge subject. The way it could work is as follows: We could make Fridays Photo Challenge Day. Each Friday a new challenge would be posted and we would each have one week to find and photograph one or more subjects that would fit the challenge. Photograph whatever you wish Saturday through Thursday and then post your "Challenge Photos" on Fridays.

We could all come up with a list of challenge topics and then have one person post the topic each Friday, or we could rotate who posts the challenge each week. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get us started tomorrow night with our first challenge!

My entry for this evening comes from our trip to Yemassee this afternoon to pick up some Chinese food for dinner. Who ever thought you'd be able to get Chinese food in Yemassee??!








10 comments:

jamie said...

You know my immediate thought was 'Chinese food in YEMASSEE?' I like the second photo!! I really like that B/W with color!! It really stands out!

I am up for the challenge. Can I pick Moose day?? I guess you guys would have a hard time with that one!! LOL.. It sounds like a great idea though!! IM IN!!!

Judy said...

Great picture! so small townish!

Gosh Amy, I was thinking the same thing....that we pick a subject and every one take a photo of that subject. I'm in what's the first subject??? Jamie already wants to cheat with a moose picture..but I bet I could even find a moose to shoot..I mean take a picture of!!!Wanna bet?

Anonymous said...

That billboard look out of this era. It is so old and quaint.

I guess I would be interested in the challenge, not sure I could ever win. but you know me I'll always try!

dana said...

cool photos, i will take the challenge also.

AmyWhit said...

Ms. Jan, the photo challenge wouldn't be a contest. No one is judging anything. There's nothing to win. The concept is just to come up with some kind of challenge, i.e. "Red", "Solitude", etc. and see what everyone comes up with that meets the criteria of the weekly challenge.

Amanda said...

That sounds like a FABULOUS idea Amy! It'll be so neat to see the different takes on the subject. Consider me in. :)

Stephanie said...

Amy count me in too!!!I am up for a challenge.

Brewton Girl said...

I'm there too, sounds like fun!! Love the pics!!!

Sister & Girls said...

Ok count me in too! This will be pretty neat!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Amy I think its a wonderful idea!
I'm game. Looks like you and I are thinking alot alike today. How funny. I posted my blog today then I looked at yours. I think we were both in the same place.