Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Barrel of Flowers

Okay, Ms. Judy, here is my "icky" picture from yesterday. Sooo not happy with this one. This barrel of flowers sits on the porch of a house downtown. Two streets back from Bay (which one is that? I forget) at Charles Street. The flower barrels are so cute, and immediately caught my eye when I was down that way to go to the bank. I finally took my camera with me to capture it for the blog...but I'm never downtown at a good time.
Another 50-cent lesson for you, Ms. Judy: it's best to take photos in the early morning or late afternoon when then light is softer. This picture was taken at 2 p.m., and the sun was very hot and harsh! NOT the best for taking photos. I didn't take time with metering it either. I nearly got run over as it was! LOL. That's a pretty busy little intersection. It certainly isn't conducive to standing in the middle of the road to snap pictures!





7 comments:

Shelia said...

Whats wrong with it? Are you dippin in the Juicy Juice again?

Anonymous said...

Now Amy why would you stand in the middle of the road for the pic. I thought you had super-duper lenses. I agree with Judy it is a great pic.

Judy said...

Ok your "trash" is better than the best one I get... I'm not sure I can afford the lessons but keep 'em comin'Really thanks for the tip..

Judy said...

Oh, I really like the photo..I love the old house too.

jamie said...

Love the old house and the flowers. Are they daisies?? They look a little like wild flowers! I think that is a good shot. I just hope you don't get run over trying to snap some good ones, cuz then we wouldn't get the tips for the day!!LOL!!

Brewton Girl said...

Once again great shot. I've seen the shots you call bad I would love to see what you call good b/c i'm sure I would see it as amazing!!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Really a nice picture Amy. I love the old timey look.