Friday, June 29, 2007

First Weekly Challenge Has Been Posted!

Attention bloggers! The first weekly challenge subject has been posted to the right! Our first subject is "ROUND". Riley has already started naming off things that would fit the bill, and he has fresh batteries in his camera. Get your kids involved in the challenges and post their best images on your blogs! It'll be something fun that you can do together! But don't be claiming any of their pictures for your own! All copyrights will be maintained by the photographer who pushed the shutter button! Don't be afraid to get creative. Think about your composition, angles and lighting....but most of all, just have fun!!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. So don't forget to post your "ROUND" photos next Friday, July 6, 2007!!!

Now, on to my post for tonight. It actually fits the bill for this week's challenge, but that was unintentional. I'll come up with something else for the challenge by next Friday. I wish I had a longer zoom lens for this photo, but it'll have to do until I can team up with Ms. Judy and her "big honkin' lens"!

**NOTE: Ms. Judy, I took this photo in Manual mode with the following settings: ISO 100, Shutter speed 1/1000 and aperture 7.1. With a shutter speed like that, you could try handholding your big lens. However, I would find a fence post, porch railing, etc. to rest the camera on to steady it with that long lens fully extended. I also switched the camera over to manual focus (the MF on the lens, in case you haven't come across it) and dialed it in as close as I could. My eyesight isn't the best, you know!



5 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, anytime you want to use the honkin lens come get it. The moon is beautiful. I though you got a 300?

Round..lets see, This is going to be fun!

I'd love to hear Riley's picks..

jamie said...

I like the moon! I wonder what it looks like with the 300! I don't get to see much of the moon these days. But, pretty soon that is about all I will see!

I am excited about the challenge! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Amanda said...

Love the moon picture Amy! So excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Shelia said...

Holy crap thats a great pic!

Brewton Girl said...

OK my wheels are already turning...love the pic, great as always!!!