Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Our day was a busy one. We started with Sunday school and church, where we had a visiting preacher come preach a "trial sermon". I really liked him. Sure, you can't really get much from one brief meeting and one sermon, but I enjoyed him a lot...and my first impression of him is that he is just a real down-to-earth, regular guy.

On with our day. After church it was Sunday dinner at Mammaw and Pappaw's. The kids scarfed down their lunch in hopes of hurrying into the pool, which was VERY cool today. There were a ton of us in it too. Riley is doing so great with his swimming. He was in water over his head all day today and was without his swimmy things (on his arms). He is swimming like a fish. I'm so proud of him...and glad I saved the money I was going to shuck out for lessons at the Y. He's doing great!


Now, we're back home and I have tons of work to do! So...I'm going to post a quick pic here and get back to it! Today's pic was one that mom insisted I take on our way out the door to eat lunch. Her flower bed is in bloom. So.....here it is.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Mom's flowerbed, it is beautiful!

Amanda said...

Love the flower bed! Your Mom's yard must be beautiful. It appears that way with all your FABULOUS flower photos. I only wish my flowers looked that good.:)

jamie said...

Very neat!! I love the ones flowing out of the footboard!! Pretty colors!! I wonder what the army would say if I put one of those in my yard??? Wonder if there is a regulation on that one???LOL>

Judy said...

Love the "quilt" on that bed. Your mom dose have real nack for flowers.

Yaeh, it's back to work...Mondays!!!

Shelia said...

It looks great! Such a neat idea!