Monday, April 9, 2007

&*%$#@!!!!

I'm so &*%$#@ at this dog that I could just kill him! He is just destructive. He ate a chair on our front porch, and then ate every single cushion out of the wicker furniture out there (there were three big cushions). Mom finally took the wicker love seat over to Bill's house so that maybe the dog would stay over there. He has destroyed the love seat AND has eaten every single banister off of Bill's front porch. Oh, I kid you not!! This dog is lucky to be alive, and I can assure you that he won't be (alive) if he puts even a tooth mark in one of our banisters...my dad will make sure of that. He has scattered trash throughout our yard and Bill's yard on numerous occasions. Yesterday he chewed up a second pair of Riley's Crocs ($60 worth of shoes in a month's time!!!). Riley took his shoes off outside and put them in his wagon (where they put their shoes so the dog won't get them.....seems the plan is not foolproof).

The dog belongs to my sister-in-law, but I'm accepting applications for a new owner....as if anyone in their right mind would take him!!!!





And just in case you were doubting my word about him eating the banisters...I'm providing proof. There are three banisters still remaining in the picture, but I assure you that he has since taken care of those too.


11 comments:

Heather said...

When I read the intro I was expecting Satan's spawn to be shown when I scrolled down, not that precious innocent face!

Jeff is reading the post with me and we were speechless that he could have done all that. LT says he would have killed him long ago!

I'm sorry, Amy, but there's a NO VACANCY sign on our house for dogs...especially that one!!!LOL

Amanda said...

OMG Amy I would be very PO'd too! Ha I thought our dog problems were bad...um nope you got us there. He would have been dead at the first couple banisters missing and not the whole porch. Yikes! I'd be calling your SIL to come get him pronto! :)

Wendy said...

OKay! I would be telling dear SIL to cough up some money for new croc's or be kicking some Shouse bottom! That would make me mad! I can't believe that Bill stands for it. Doesn't your dad have a double barrel!!!!

oldav8r said...

The dog needs a good dentist to remove all his gnawing teeth. Once they start devouring the world you can't hardly stop them. A heavy duty chain hooked on a tree might help, then all he could do is chew the tree! Good Luck.

Judy said...

I'm with Jan. If he chewed again it would with gums!

Once we had a dog who chewed my brothers ball glove. My dad tied it around his neck (after a good spanking with it) After a week you could not make that dog hold anything leather in his mouth. ORRRR, you could tie it around SIL's neck and possibly get the point across. Good luck, I can show you some good knots!

Shelia said...

Having survived my share of Labs..girl I have felt your pain! I swear they don't stop chewing..EVER! Some are worse than others, obviously you have the worse end! Our black lab Thor was terrible, but we sure did love him.

jamie said...

Oh my!!! I can't believe that he would do that!!! And I thought my dog was bad!! That is toooo crazy!! you know my dad knows some good therapy for dogs, you should ask him about it!!!! LOL

Stephanie said...

Hi, Amy I am Amanda's friend...I just had to comment on this seems dogs are going crazy mine eats money total of $130.00 so far but this far exceeds that bill!!! Hope he decides to end his rampage soon for the porches sake....good luck!

AmyWhit said...

Thanks for all the empathy/sympathy, ladies (and Jeff). The thing with the shoes is that they could have laid out in the middle of our yard for a week and our two dogs wouldn't have touched them.

This dog has eaten shrubs and pulled plants right off the front porch. It's just very annoying and costly....and he's not even ours!!!!

Thanks for commenting, Stephanie! (and for letting me know who you are...I would have driven myself crazy trying to figure out where I knew a Stephanie from! LOL)

Judy said...

Hey, I saw you comment asking LT if you couldplay with he peacock picture..I'll say yes for him! Go ahead I'd like to see it.

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, I so feel your pain! We had a lab that ate our banisters too, and everything else. Our banisters were thicker than those, so we still have some pitiful remains....and he ate all the bark off of our tree...killed it. Broke into the house while we were gone and stole stuffed animals to destroy. REally! Needless to say, he no longer lives here! lol.