Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another Oldie!

Some time ago, I told Ms. Jan that I would dig these pics up to show her, and since we have family visiting from NC for at least the next couple of days and I didn't get a chance to snap a picture today....I thought today would be a great opportunity to do so.
I had thought it was blue birds that built a nest inside my mom's topiary just outside our front door, but, as it turns out (guess my memory is going), it was mocking birds. I took the picture of the eggs in June of last year, and the babies hatched in July. This post was also inspired by my friend Amanda, who also posted a photo of a bird nest and eggs today...so check out her blog with the link to the right. She's an incredible photographer and has the cutest kids.




Don King?!


A card I made with one of the photos at my mom's request.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. And, of course, you can photoshop my stuff, but only if you post it later so I can see the results.

LT

Judy said...

Hey Amy these are great so does this mean the egg came first???

jamie said...

That is for real, Don King!! I think that is my favorite shot. The card turned out really cute too. Is that your photoshop at work for you??

Wendy said...

I have to agree with Jeff on this one that bird is ugly! Great pictures though!

AmyWhit said...

I never said they were pretty! LOL. I think they look like little baby dinosaurs in the one where you see their backs....and of course the offspring of Don King with that gray fuzz on top of their heads. LOL.

Amanda said...

Oh, Amy those bird pictures are great! I hope I can get some like that. I'll have to keep checking in on the nest.

Thanks for mentioning my blog too! ;)

oldav8r said...

Amy great blog. Love the Don King look a-like. The Card is super, bet your mom loved it.