Thursday, August 9, 2007

Well...I didn't earn any money for it....

but one of my photos will be in the newspaper for public TV and public radio. When we got home from Beaufort today, I had a message from a writer at Current newspaper in Washington D.C. requesting permission to print one of my photos of Mr. Crawford, the hiker that stayed with us back in June. I gave him a call, and gave him permission to print the photo, and he's going to send me some copies of the paper. It's not The Washington Post, but at least I'll be given photo credits and get a few copies of the paper to keep. Too bad it isn't one of my "better" photos. LOL. Mom is just thrilled that her photo will be in the paper, especially considering that she had just gotten up at 6 a.m. after getting no sleep the night before because she was worried that an axe murderer was in the very next room waiting to pounce if she closed her eyes! LOL.


Here is the photo that he wanted to use. As you can see...not the best photo I've ever taken...but it's for a newspaper so I guess it's more about being informative than being creative.


7 comments:

jamie said...

How cool is that??? A famous blogger even if you didn't get paid for it!! Congrats!!!

And I would have been just like your mom!! No sleep cause you just never know!!!LOL!!

Judy said...

Well, I can now say I personally know three celebrities..Amy, Nancy & Willie!!WhooHoo

That is so cool! Congrats! and hang in there the money is coming...you have to much potential.

Brewton Girl said...

Great news! You can now say you have been published!!

Stephanie said...

What an accomplishment that is awesome news. You will be published though hehe

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Way to go Amy! I am happy for you!

Anonymous said...

First you get a publication, next you will be getting a comercial contract!!!!

Unknown said...

Very COOL! Make sure you photograph the article too.