Friday, August 17, 2007

Trapped!

This little hummingbird flew into our house yesterday afternoon, and we couldn't get him out. Dad was even going to climb out onto the roof and open the dormer windows to let the little guy out, but the windows were locked and he couldn't get them open. I even tried to "shoo" him into the upstairs room so that those windows could be opened for him, but he would never fly low enough to find the way into the room from the cathedral ceilings. Do you know how hard it is to "shoo" a hummingbird in a specific direction?!




6 comments:

Judy said...

Is that where you have been "shooin" a hummer???
I can jus see you now.."shooin" a hummingbird...that must have been an exercise is futility..(is that a word?)

I'm trying get a one but..not yet..I have not tried to capture one though Hmmmm or is that Hummmm

jamie said...

OH MY!!!! So, I have to know, how did you finally get him out??? I bet that must have been a fiasco!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'm with Jamie, you forgot to tell us how ya'll got him out, or didd you just adopt him? LOL

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Yeah did you get him out? I have never heard of them getting in a house before. They are fast little things.

Heather said...

I need to know too...did you get him out or not?

I love hummers! The cats can't scare these away because I keep the feeders too high. LOL!

My blog is finally working...check it out!

Wendy said...

I know your mom loves birds but please let him go!