Monday, August 13, 2007

These Hands...

have been busy! My mammaw is currently working on knitting everyone in the family an afghan of their color choice. Riley has opted for this John Deere yellow and green stripe. I think it is turning out really cool, and it is nearly complete. I think Mammaw has made about 7-8 of them so far, and she has a long way to go if everyone in the family is going to get one! That is a lot of knitting and perling! She's a pretty speedy little knitter though. She tried to teach me how to knit when I was a much younger girl, but alas, that is NOT where my talents lie!


I guess we're getting another Friday off from the challenge, as I have yet to post the next assignment. I'll try to come up with one and post it soon. In the meantime, keep snapping pics and posting! Don't follow my bad example!!! =)


8 comments:

Brewton Girl said...

She is such a sweet lady, you are very blessed to have her in your family!

Shelia said...

I've always marveled at people that can do that. What a talent!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

WOW I love the picture ! It is a classic. I bet you could submit it to a magazine. Ms. Ruth is very lovely lady.

Anonymous said...

You need to get Mammaw to try to teach you again. The old crafts are dissapearing! To bad knitting isn't digital!!!!

jamie said...

That is a really cool afghan! They say that knitting is a really relaxing hobby. They often use it in hospitals up here, in the maternity wards, when the ladies have to stay for months.... It helps to lower their blood pressure.... Although, I think it would raise mine, as I think I would be frustrated... LOL!!!

Nice photo!!!

Judy said...

I always end up with a big knot!

Love the JD Colors~~

Such a sweet picture.

dana said...

what a sweet story, your grandparents are creating awesome memories for you and Riley. You are so blessed.

Wendy said...

Something to treasure, my grandma made quilts! Ainsley was the last to get one. I hope that you enjoy yours!