Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Firecracker

This little colt was born on July 3rd (if I remember correctly). His mama is a horse that is being pastured down at my Pappaw's while her owner is deployed overseas. The colt wouldn't nurse the whole first day after his birth, and we were worried that he might not figure it all out. The vet came out and milked his mama to help the little guy out, and he finally caught on how to do it himself the next day. Emily is calling him "Firecracker" due to the date of his birth. Colts crack me up because they are just all legs.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful image. Great, now I have to go find some horses to photograph? Love it Amy.

Judy said...

You know I have a soft spot for horses, I have two that no one wanted and I could not stand the thought of .... well you know!

Momma is a real bute. I assume that baby a guy since you called him a colt. They are nothing but legs.. the name seens very fitting. When it's time to break him the fireworks may really go off.

Great picture.

Judy said...

Couldn't sleep... I was playing "Seekadoo" a word game and now a I am sleepy...What are you doing up @ 1:59?? Nite nite!

jamie said...

Ahhh, so cute!! I also have a soft spot for horses!! Oh, and I can't wait to show Emily this picture!! She will have a cow!! Maybe when I grow up I can have a horse of my own!

dana said...

how cute! good thing he caught on to eating.

Stephanie said...

How adorable...my dad and his girlfriend are working on getting some colts. They have a barn for washed up race horses. And she teaches riding lessons..

Brewton Girl said...

I love to look at horses, I used to love to ride, but a few bad experiences changed all that!! Now I just admire them from afar!!

Amanda said...

Simply beautiful!