Saturday, June 9, 2007

On The Road Again!

Mr. Crawford set out bright and early this morning to continue his hike to Washington, DC. After a sausage biscuit and a brief word of prayer for his safe journey, he was on his way. I just read his blog entry for the afternoon, and he reported a long, hot journey and a hope to make Jacksonboro by nightfall. Wendy, that means he'll be in your neck of the woods so keep an eye out. I'm sure he'd appreciate a nice cold Gatorade if you happen to see him! As you are well aware, there aren't that many stops between here and Charleston!


Godspeed, Mr. Crawford!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Yes Godspeed Mr. Crawford. I read his blog too, found out what I already knew...the Shouses are good, God fearing, American family.

I know he's glad he found you!

Like the picture of him leaving ya'lls pretty driveway, very nice! Hope you can email it to him.

Judy said...

Hey Ame, I was wondering what happened to Judy T? I miss her.

oldav8r said...

Just catching up on your blog. What an inspiring man! A great experience for all of you. Love the pic of him leaving. It seems to have its own story.

jamie said...

I like the pic of him leaving too!! He looks like a really tall guy!! Did you warn him of Hwy.17? I hope so!! Wow!! I hope he does well on his journey. It is pretty cool that you guys could be a part of it!! I bet he would like a pic of that!!!

AmyWhit said...

Jame, he asked me to email him a link to the blog, so I'm sure he's probably seen it. I did warn him about that stretch of 17. I checked his GPS map last night, and it looks like he made it to Jacksonboro, which was his goal. I wouldn't have made it to hwy 17! LOL. Check out his hike blog, etc. with the links I posted yesterday.

Unknown said...

I don't know his whole story, but I can see you've captured an amazing man with your camera.

Shelia said...

I saw him hiking down 21. I was wondering what all that was about! Thanks!