Friday, June 8, 2007

Forrest Gump Comes To Visit

Okay, so he's not really Forrest Gump, but the similarities are certainly there. He is Patrick Crawford, the executive director of a radio station (WUWF) in Pensacoloa, Florida, and he has challenged himself to hike "every step of the way" from Pensacola to Washington, D.C. Mom, Riley and I saw him hiking from Beaufort earlier today, and the next thing I know Mr. Crawford is knocking on our front door. Mr. and Mrs. Garrett up at Lowcountry Produce sent him our way and said that we would most likely offer him a place to pitch his tent for the night. Very interesting man. He has turned his personal challenge into a way to raise funds for his public radio station. You can find the story here (http://wuwf.org/events/hike.shtml), and audio updates to his radio station here (http://wuwf.org/events/hikereport.shtml).



4 comments:

Judy said...

Pretty neat! Wish him safe passage and God's speed from us!

Wish I was inclined to such heights, but alas Nope!

Judy said...

Oh, nice crocs too.

jamie said...

So they sent a guy to your house to pitch a tent in your yard??? LOL. You better watch out, your yard could turn into a Yard-n-breakfast!! No, really, wow!! I used to drive that distance, and driving for 8 hours to DC was no fun. I can't imaging walking it! I have aspirations of running a 2 mile race and I haven't quite followed up on that one yet! I think though, I do this on a daily basis chasing all 3 of my hoodlums around all day!

Tell him to be careful and Good luck!!! (I wish I could get all of my things in a little back packed so neatly like that!!)That is about the size of my diaper bag!LOL

Shelia said...

Are those crocs?! Too funny! LOL