Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Exciting News.

I got some rather exciting news this morning in my email inbox. Several months ago, Ms. Judy encouraged me to submit some of my photos to www.parade.com/snapshot for publication in their magazine or on their website. I checked it out and submitted about 4-5 photos that I thought they might like. I had forgotten all about it until I got an email from them this morning. They are considering two of my photos for publication. For today's post, I'll share part of the email and the photos they are interested in possibly using.

"Dear Snapshot Participant,

Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that your attached photo is being considered for inclusion in either Parade Magazine’s Snapshot column or in the online gallery of Parade’s website, www.parade.com/snapshot. Considering that we received more than 200,000 entries, your accomplishment is to be commended. You will receive a usage fee of $100 if your photograph is initially published as the primary photo in the print edition of Parade Magazine. All finalists have their photo in consideration for each week’s printed issue or web gallery. When we publish the photo depends on many factors – composition of the image, space in the magazine, theme of the photo, content of the magazine, etc... If you sent in your photo and paperwork and have not heard from us, yours is still in the consideration phase. Publication time can vary from a couple of weeks to months. Don’t be discouraged! We have your photo on file and may be holding it for a special issue or theme. When we decide to publish it, you will be notified by mail and will receive a check at that time. Thank you very much and congratulations!

Sincerely,
~~ Erin Nedell
Associate Photo Editor"

Pretty neat, huh? Maybe they won't end up printing them at all, but it's great just to know that two of my photos stood out among so many entrants! Thanks for encouraging me to submit some photos, Ms. Judy. Now wish me luck....I could use a random check for $100!! LOL. Here are the photos they emailed about....


This is Micah (Judy T's son) and Riley hitching a ride in the back of Pappaw's horse-drawn wagon at the horse show in Yemassee last October.


Riley blowing bubbles, obviously!

6 comments:

Judy said...

OMG! I knew it! I am so proud of you. OUT 200,000..Amy that is an accomplishment. You have what it takes, I hope you see it now like all of us do!

Yeah, It'll be nice to have $50,oh you weren't planning on given me half...Only Kidding...I hope you get it and can spend it foolishly!!!

Brewton Girl said...

You go Girl!!! This could be the start of something big!!! You have a true gift, what a blessing if you can have that be a career too!!Just remember your fellow bloggers when you become famous.....

Shelia said...

WOOHOO! Great job girl! I'm so proud of you! See! We all told you you were good! So there!! LOL

Queen of Foo Foo said...

WOW!! I,m am so HAPPY for you!!
I knew you had a gift. I see you going places with this great talent!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy, I guess you are hear a collective "I told you so" from all us bloggers." Now plan on spending that $100 on yourself!

Amanda said...

OMG Amy! That is so cool. Your work is AWESOME no wonder they choose you out of 200,000. Those photos are fabulous...I'm so happy for you. :)