Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Soothing Sounds

Why does the sound of running water act as a sedative? I don't know, but it does! I love the sound of running water...and especially love a good rain storm. Before I moved, my room was just off the back porch, a section of which was uncovered, and the sound of the rain hitting the uncovered porch was soothing music to my ears on a stormy summer night. Now, my room is off the front porch, which is completely covered, and I don't get the great rain sounds. This is actually distressing to me! LOL. I've even thought about getting one of those huge indoor water fountains for my room, but I have no idea where it would fit....or how I would keep the kids out of it! However, my mom recently found a great deal on a water feature at the local Habitat For Humanity Restore. She has set it up on the front porch just outside of my window. I can hear it all night long, and I love it. It's not as good as a rain storm...but it'll do in a pinch.
[Public Service Announcement: You may want to reconsider having a water fountain around all the time if you're on a diuretic for blood pressure control...it will definitely increase the frequency and urgency of your trips to the bathroom! LOL!]

5 comments:

jamie said...

Ame, I am really going to have to come home and go shopping with your mom!!! She finds all the good deals!!! I too, love the sound of water. It is so peaceful! I love the pic in b/w!!! Just thinking about it makes me want to fall asleep.

Wendy said...

Beautiful, you sure did capture the sound of running water in a picture. I love to fall to sleep while listening to the rain. Picture is perfect!

Judy said...

Ahhh, I love the sound of the running water too. Somedays before I have to run off to work I'll just stop and stand by the "flower-pot-turned-fountain" I made. Even that short moment is relaxing, then back to reality.

Congradulations on a great find, Nancy. I love the fountain, looks like it's old, (might be the b/w).

Wonderful shot..to bad we can't add the sound, guess that is where our imagination comes in. Oh, and thanks for the PSA, I gotta go...now!.

Shelia said...

Oh Amy this is an outstanding picture! I love it!

I love to hear the rain hitting a tin roof!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, what a great idea!