Friday, April 6, 2007

A Favorite

I think Frogmore stew must be my all-time favorite food in the whole world. I love it....especially the crab! I love blue crab for the taste, but it is a heck of a lot easier to get your fill on snow crab legs...with a lot less work too! We had dinner at my Mammaw's house tonight and boiled up some Frogmore stew. For those who don't know, it's boiled crab, shrimp, sausage and corn-on-the-cob. Some put potatoes and onions in their stew, but I think it's just fluff stuff...and makes it all slimy too. For me, the crab is the star of the show, and I sure ate my share of it tonight! Yummy!



4 comments:

jamie said...

Crab is my all time fave, too!! Up here they have KING crab. I can't ever get my fill on crabs from home, but here, girl, these crabs are HUGE!!! If anything, you should come here for CRAB!! I boil this up with a little Zatarains. MMMMMM!!

In fact I just made some frogmore stew for Emily's Alaskan potluck. They said that we had to bring in something from Alaska. I could not think of a thing. Then I thought, I will have some Alaskan shrimp with a little bit of the lowcountry. They liked it so much that there was nothing left of it, and her teacher went home and made it for her family. Crazy.. We even served frogmore stew at my wedding!!!

Good picture of the crabs!!! We both got food tonight!!

Wendy said...

I'm with you guys, hand me the crabs My favorite. I'm with you Amy I do think you should leave out the potatoes but keep the sausage!!! Ainsley love that part! MMMMMM You should have called me over you have to share you know! Great pics!

Heather said...

You are making LT and me very hungry!!! LT said that he needs some Frogmore Stew soon!

oldav8r said...

Mike and I love Frogmore Stew too. We make it for his family from Baltimore and they just love it. They are almost coastal where they live, but said they have nothing like it. Best in the world!!! You hae made me hungry all over again and we just got back from Dukes.