Thursday, March 15, 2007

"Out On Assignment"

Today, I was out on assignment with my camera. LOL. Mom requested a photo of a certain fence downtown (at the corner of Bay and Charles streets), so off we went. I didn't get exactly what she wanted, but between the full-on sun with no shade in sight and all of the traffic downtown, I was lucky to get anything worth keeping. Mom informs me that this flower is called Lantana (sp?). There were roses too, and mom really wanted both flowers in the pic, but it just didn't happen today. We might go back on a late Sunday afternoon and try again....of course then the bugs will be too bad to even hold the camera still. We got Riley in a few frames, but he wasn't very excited about the prospect. Mom had to bribe him with a dollar! (He's saving his money for a digital camera of his own.) See, Heather...we're not above bribery when it comes to getting a photo! LOL.









Before the dollar!





6 comments:

jamie said...

I love that first one!!! It is beautiful. And shorts and t-shirt? Must be nice. It is so funny how the almighty dollar can make a drastic change in behavior, isn't it??

Judy said...

Amy, yep right down the street..about 4/5 bocks I think. I love that fence too Nancy...When you go down town and get caught in the traffic when the bridge opens, like I do on occasion; you have a while to study such things. I've been eyeing some of the older houses, all the ones that I've loved as a kid..they are all great but some...I don't know are just special..oh no did I give away my next blog??? Nah..It'll be a while before I could spend the time to do that. Great work again..Riley's not a material kinda guy is he...?

Shelia said...

Amy the pics are beautiful! I have a lot of Lantana in my yard, the butterflies love it, which is why its in my yard!LOL Riley's pics are too much! The before & afters are perfect!

Amanda said...

What a difference a dollar makes? Maybe I should use that with Parker...since he doesn't like candy. Love that first fence picture!

Heather said...

I can't believe the Lantana is already so high there. It's not even starting here. Like with Nana, I love the pictures of Historic Beaufort!

The bribe does work!

oldav8r said...

Well what a difference in Riley's attitude. He comes cheap now. Wait till later!