Friday, March 16, 2007

Arrrgh!

I didn't take a single picture today. In fact, the camera didn't even make it out of its bag. I've been busy preparing for Riley's birthday party tomorrow. Yes, we're a little late this year!

This year's birthday theme is pirates! I ran last minutes errands all day today and spent a couple of hours tonight decorating the cakes. Hopefully I will have pics of the cakes for tomorrow's post. Tonight, I'm posting a pic of the invitations I sent out. They were done "message in a bottle" style. I used my scrapbooking distress inks to make the paper look really old and weathered, ironed the paper back out and put it through the printer (with a great pirate-looking font!). I think they turned out rather cool. I just wish the shells would have shown up better in the sand. I think the kids liked them....especially the little boys.


The invitation reads as follows:





Ahoy there Matey!


Cap'n Riley be lookin' fer some scurvy seadogs
to join him on his 5th voyage to sea!
So put on yer best pirate garb and come join the crew!


Chart yer course for Whittington Bay (our house)
We'll set sail on 17 March 2007 at 2 p.m.
Don't be late or you'll walk the plank!


Yo Ho Ho! Let us know!
Call deckhand Amy at (our phone # here)!


See ya there...........Arrrgh!




7 comments:

Wendy said...

OH how cool! You are the coolest mom!!! I hope Riley has a great birthday party!!

Wendy said...

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday had company late!!! I posted today though!!!!

Judy said...

Well shiver me timbers..What a great idea! wish I was a kid. (and I agree you are a cool mom) And thanks so much for yer remarks on me pictures there mate! I'll giver the heave ho and try that 1/3's thing... and Happy BD to Riley one on time, wishing him and you sunny skies & Smooth sailing today!

Sister & Girls said...

How clever are you!! I wish I could be creative like that!! Hope you have a fun day!!

oldav8r said...

Riley's one lucky dud to have a Mom like you. Hope you all have fun at the pirate party. I want to see some pics of your costumes, especially yours and your Moms! Or was that just for the kids?

Heather said...

Charlie and Luke and I all loved the invitation and the idea of the bottle. You are so creative!
I can't wait to see the pics!

Amanda said...

You are so totally an awesome Mom! Love the invite and I hope the party was a BLAST!