Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happy Birthday, Riley!

Today, my little boy became a big boy. Riley turned 5-years-old at 1:15 a.m. He, however, insists that he is still 4! He knows that when you're 5 you have to go to school. LOL. We spent the day in Charleston, where we went to Chuck E. Cheese's, ate lunch (at Shoney's) and bought him a brand new pair of Crocs (they're orange, Ms. Jan!) complete with some Jibbitz. I decided early in the day that I was not going to follow Riley around all day with the camera. I would get a few photos and be done with it and actually participate in the fun of the day instead of trying to document every second! I'm a scrapbooker, so that was a hard decision to make!! I don't regret it. We had a lot of fun, and my boy had a great birthday. We'll do the party thing next weekend.
I just wanted to add that my child did NOT eat this entire piece of cake. In reality he only had about two bites of it....mostly the hot fudge (as you can see on his spoon)! LOL. Of course, he did have blue cotton candy from Chuck E. Cheese's later in the day!



"Dear Lord, thank you for CHOCOLATE! Amen." They sang to Riley and brought him hot fudge cake for dessert. His face turned beet red, and he was halfway under the table the whole time.


The whole gang, minus Mommy!



In the Sky Tubes (with Uncle Adam; not pictured!)

6 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Riley! Looks you had a great day. Family is always good. Nice memories.

jamie said...

Happy Birthday Riley!! AHHHH, Shoney's. We don't have one of those, either. Is your mom shrinking? She's gonna kill me for that!!:)Sorry Mrs. Nancy, I know you sneak and read these!! You know I love ya. Looks like you have a great fun day!! You are very brave for going to Chuck E Cheeses!

Shelia said...

Happy Birthday big boy! Off to school we go! (yikes!) I'm telling you this is all happening way to fast!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Little one! Amy, can you believe how fast they grow up? It seems like only yesterday when I was pregnant with Charlie! Tell Riley that if Lukie can go to school, anybody can. :)

Amanda said...

Happy belated birthday Riley! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!I LOVE that cake picture...LOL!

On a side note what type of lense are you using? Your pics are so sharp and crystal clear.

Wendy said...

Happy Late Birthday Riley! Such a cute little man you are. Amy you are so lucky!! You need to teach me how to add ppl to my list.