Monday, March 26, 2007

Flower "Bed"

This is a Flower "bed" that my mom is making in the back yard. I'm sure that my dad is thrilled to see it going in...but oh well, he said the backyard was hers. He did the front yard and has a hissy fit if he sees any color going in. He's all about shrubs and evergreens...boring! Don't get me wrong, it looks fabulous and has taken lots of hard work...but you need some color here and there too! That's where mom comes in. Anyway....here's the "bed". It was my old bed. No wonder she was pushing so hard for me to get a new headboard in my room....she had her eye on my old iron one!! By the way, it was white when it was in my room...not this turquoise color that she has it painted now.


6 comments:

oldav8r said...

I like the pun with the bed, it's going to look great!

Shelia said...

Amy, I saw something like this in a gardening mag. The used all different colored pansies for the "quilt". It was one of the most beautiful and imaginative things I've ever seen done in a yard. Eric would have a screaming mimi fit if I tried that. lol Though he does like me to plant LOTS of flowers.

jamie said...

I wonder if she is trying to tell you something. Is there any meaning behind using your BED as a flower bed??? Priorities, right?? I am just kidding. That is a really cool idea. I am still stuck on wanting an old wheelbarrow or something like that. Being in Alaska, I am really not quite up to date on many things, as we get everything about 6- 10 months after you guys. Oh well.

And for you Ms. Nancy, when I come home one of these days, you will have to hold an all day class on how to decorate, and go bargain shopping. I seriously NEED some help. :)

Wendy said...

OH I just love it! I wouldn't be letting Ms. Nancy use my bed. But you are a wonderful daughter!!! I love the idea, Shane would be screaming at me!

Judy said...

At the risk of repeating myself, Nancy has talant. She has such a good eye for these things, mine would look like someone slept in the bed and forgot to make it up!

With all due respect to Willie, (must be a guy thing) Wayne even said your front yard was beautiful. Most men are color blind anyway..they think everything is green.

If I plant anything out of a bed or pot it's a gonner. Sucked up in the super-power-lawn-mower he's got.

Love pic as always...

Amanda said...

That is too cute! Your Mom has a really really good eye for decorating from what I've seen on your blog so far.