Tuesday, February 6, 2007

DUCK TALES

Today was devoted to errands. Christmas shopping to be more precise. No, not for Christmas 2007. We're still shopping for 2006! LOL. We haven't had Christmas with my mom's side of the family yet, and we're planning on heading up to North Carolina for that very reason. So, I found myself at Wal-Mart with my mom and Riley this afternoon. There's a pond in the middle of the parking lot that is frequented by some ducks. I stopped by the pond to try to get a shot or two before heading home. These are with my 28-80 mm lens, which I DESPISE! I've practiced with it, and I just can't get nice photos with it (which, in part, explains the quality of today's photos!). If anyone out there would like to donate an 85 mm F1.8 lens (or a nice, fast zoom lens), I'd love to take it off your hands! LOL.

Two of the ducks we saw today were cracking us up. They kept dunking their heads down in the water, and their tails were sticking straight up in the air. I kept waiting for one of them to flip all the way over. It was like they were doing synchronized diving routines! LOL.
I liked the reflection in this one.


This one makes me think "Bite Me!"

The synchronized dive team.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was it hard getting the ducks to pose for you? J.K. Cute captures. I guess pretty much the lesson is to always have your camera charged and ready to go? I'm learning :).