Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bluffton

I hate it. I despise going there. Give me Charleston any day of the week, but you can keep Bluffton. I hate the traffic and crazy drivers. I hate the U-turns because you can't get to where you're going without them. I hate the fact that all of the buildings are disguised and hidden behind trees so thick that you pass them and have to do what? Yes, ANOTHER U-TURN!! Maybe hate is a strong work for how I feel about Bluffton, but I definitely do not love it! Unfortunately, we've made quite a few trips to the dreaded place lately with trying to get Riley ready for school. We made one of those trips today. I had two things to accomplish. 1. Return some school uniform pants to the uniform shop. 2. Buy Riley a new pair of shoes for school. The first task was performed rather quickly and painlessly. The second task proved to be very painful and impossible. I'm still looking for the child a pair of shoes. It's not that I'm being particularly picky. I just couldn't find any in his size. But enough about that.

There is one good thing about Bluffton. The turtles that live in the water beside the uniform shop. Riley loves to watch them, and today I took along my camera to snap a picture of them for the blog. It was about the only pleasant thing about today...that and the fact that I scored some bargains at Gymboree on a couple of jackets and some rain boots for Riley (mud boots is more accurate when they're on my child's feet). Other than that, the trip was a total waste of time, and I hope I don't have to go back there for a quite a while!





The second one is a little hard to see with the reflections of light on the water, but he's in there!

5 comments:

jamie said...

Wow!!! I guess Bluffton is NOT on your top 10 list of places to go!!! I don't blame ya!! I don't much like it either! I can't tell ya when the last time I was there!!

I love the turtles!! Very neat!

Judy said...

I hate Bluffton too, well, actually I hate HH and now that Bluffton has been overtaken by HH.
My hate as spread too.

It is hard to shop for kids..I just send Heather & Jamie $$ LOL.

Love the splash of the rocks w/ the turtle.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Well the trip was worth the turtle pictures. I agree with you about Bluffton and all that area. Why do they feel they have to hide the stores etc? I have to have a landmark to remember where the stores are!! No signs allowed!!

dana said...

cool pictures! hope you find some shoes, can you order online, sometimes the shipping is worth the hassle.

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah I second the online shopping Dana...you do more than I do but I love and getting packages in the mail rocks!! Love those turtles.