Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

First, thank you to all who serve in the military! I know that we all owe our freedom to you! You are in our continued prayers!


We had a pretty good 4th. Not much going on. Just kind of an easy pace around here. I love those days the best! LOL. I bought one 6-pack of sparklers for Riley at Wal-Mart, and that was the extent of our fireworks this year! We didn't even go down to watch the show at Parris Island. I hate the crowds! We went swimming in the pool, made homemade peach ice cream and barbecued ribs and all the fixin's. It was a great day. I didn't get any great pictures that really stand out to me, but I'll share a variety of what I did get to commemorate the occasion.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE the sparkler pics...so AWESOME! We didn't do much either, a little swimming and then grilled some thick juicy pork chops. YUM oh and we had some corn on the cob too. I had to after seeing your picture the other day. LOL

jamie said...

Thanks Ame for the sparkler pics!! I guess maybe now I did get my fireworks in!! MMMMM, homeade peach ice cream!! Brings back memories! We had burgers on the grill!! After being in the ER all last night, I didn't feel much like doing anything!!

I love the sparklers!!

Judy said...

Those are my favorite days too. I was outside messin in the yard, got in the pool but it was chilly (the wind I'm sure made it chilly)..and Wayne was in his chair all day.. Check out the Fireworks I shot over at the Seno's they must have had $$$$$$$ spent on "the show".

Great fun, Love the drip on Ri...

Brewton Girl said...

Hey, sounds like a great day to me!!! The sparkler pic are cool, they look like big fireworks!!

Shelia said...

Great sparkler pics girl! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Amy, sounds like the perfect day to me. I hate the crowds too. Love your fireworks. That's plenty for me. Saw a few from my yard last night with Wes and his boys. He had some flying high enough to get above all our trees.

Judy said...

Hey You have got check out Judy T's blog..OMG.