Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Other Hobby,

when I have time for it, is scrapbooking. Photography and scrapbooking are a match made in heaven as far as hobbies go. They feed off of each other. Preserving memories. It's a great hobby to get into! Riley already loves looking at his scrapbook. I showed him the pages I did for his book when I got home last Saturday night. It was pretty funny. When he was in the middle of looking at his book, he turned to me and said, "Is this book all about me?". YES!!! It's all I have time to scrap. I am a chronological scrapper, meaning that I go in order of date, and I am so slow that I'm still scrapbooking photos of him when he was 1. He turned 5 in March!! Here are the pages that I completed at the crop on Friday night. They're pretty simple pages, but I was pretty happy with them. It just goes to show you that scrapbooking crops are not ALL about scrapbooking. It's about the fellowship with friends, the yummy food and just having a good time with other adults (no kids allowed!).


NOTE: Please remember Wendy's mother-in-law, Sandy, in your prayers. She suffered a stroke yesterday afternoon and is in the hospital. When I spoke to Wendy this morning, she was doing better. She was still in ICU, but Wendy said that they did have her up and walking today. Thankfully she caught it very early on and sought treatment right away.














Please excuse the horrible photos of my pages. Everything is straight on the pages in real life.

And a REFLECTION photo for Jamie and Shane. This photo was taken by Jamie's husband, Shane, in Alaska. Isn't it gorgeous?! Jamie said the only thing missing was the reflection of the mountains in the lake, as the wind made the water too choppy that day. So, I added a reflection in photoshop!

5 comments:

Judy said...

OK, I give up, you win! You are so far out of my ragne, you are not even on my radar! Amy you do awesome work, you have a real talent and thank you for sharing it. Shane's picture looks great, too.

I am so sorry to hear about Sandy. My prayers will include all of the family.

Judy said...

I forgot to say "Cute Hiney"!

Amanda said...

Those pages are GREAT Amy! I've only been to one crop, but it was SOOOO NICE being able to just chat, nibble, and scrap without kids. That reflections pic is just beautiful. The reflection just makes it. You are so talented...I'm envious!

jamie said...

Thanks for making the reflections!! I tell ya, I am going to have to invest in photoshop. I love the hiney pics!! It reminds me of the poem my parents used to say to me........I see your hiney, so bright and shiney. It makes me giggle when I see it wiggle!!

Unknown said...

Yea...you got some scrapbooking done. Can I just send you mine for you to do?