Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Or, as Riley would say, "Happy Woman's Day!". We had a nice, relaxing day down at my grandparents' house. We sat outside most of the afternoon and had a nice breeze to keep us fairly cool (in the shade, of course!). I haven't had time to go through my pictures, but I did get this one of my "Woman's Day" gift from Riley.


Mom took Riley shopping for my gift on Saturday. He did MUCH better this year. LOL. Last year I got a singing parrot....so it was really hard to do worse (but I was happy that he picked it out himself...and it means a lot to me for that reason alone). Mom said he picked out my gift again this year. When they went into the store, mom suggested a little vase to keep on my desk for the "flowers" he is forever picking me, and mom says that he replied "We'll just leave it right here and if we don't see anything else we might come back and buy it." LOL. This kid is a serious shopper apparently....who knew?! He picked out a green purse (his favorite color) and was even trying to find me a matching headband for my hair. In the end, he settled on some green and pink rosebud soaps and a pack of Bubblicious gum, picked up from the gas station on the way home. (Note: He's already chewed my gum and used one of my soaps!)

(I hate that I didn't get a pic of the gum with the rest of the gifts!)

I hope everyone enjoyed their day!

5 comments:

TaraG said...

Aww, such a sweet boy! Love the purse! I am still waiting to see a pciture of that singing Parrot! Great pic!

Judy said...

Cherish these, and that sweet boy.

Happy Woman's Day.

jamie said...

He did such a good job picking out your gift. He must get his shopping etiquette from your mom!! She is such a good shopper herself! I know what you mean about gifts that come from your kids!! I have gotten some doozies lately! Especially for Christmas. But, they are the BEST!! Too cute!

Happy Woman's Day!!! So, is father's day, Man's day???LOL

Anonymous said...

That purse is awesome! He did good!

Amanda said...

Looks like your Mother's Day was extra special. Such a thoughtful little guy you have and looks like he has pretty good taste.

I can't wait til my boys are big enough to pick out my gift. I'll probably end up with a parrot too. LOL That's boys for you.