Wednesday, April 11, 2007

PARK PLAY

Some of my mom's family has been down for the past couple of days, and today we made a trip to the waterfront park so that they could check out all of the "improvements" that have been made. Riley loves playing at the park, so he and I spent our time on the playground. I took along the camera ONLY because I knew I would need a photo for the blog. LOL. I'm not pleased with them, but they'll do for a daily post. It was really sunny when we were there, so the exposure was really hard. I suck at full-sun pics. Anyone have any tips for me?


In other news: Have I mentioned that I'm getting a new camera? My aunt wants to buy my old digital Rebel...and well, I've been wanting to upgrade for a while...and that kind of gave me an "excuse" to do it. I ordered the Canon 30D tonight, and I can't wait to get my new toy. I'm sure it's going to be a HUGE adjustment for me, and my pics will no doubt suck at first....but I'm really looking forward to the challenge of learning the new camera and checking out a few of the new features that it will have!!! Wish me luck!!! I sure hope I don't regret it.


7 comments:

Shelia said...

OK, what did you do to Riley in the last pic? Thats the "put the camera down mom!" look! LOL Great pics girl! So crisp!

Wendy said...

I love the pictures, you always do such a great job! Although Tiley doesn't look very happy with you! Let the boy play momma!

AmyWhit said...

Girl, if you think that Riley was "posing", you are SO wrong! LOL. He was just doing his thing and wouldn't take any direction from me. I just took what I could get. He does look a little annoyed in the last one...I think he was getting sick of me calling his name. lol.

Amanda said...

At least you can get Riley to look at you when you call his name. Parker just knows that I have the camera and refuses to look at me.:)

Yay for you Amy and getting a new camera. Can't wait to see some pics from it. They will be just as amazing as they are now I'm sure.

Judy said...

Great shots of Riley!

Ok so what's a Cannon 30D? Does the word "honkin'" appear on the box anywhere?

Girl if you get any better, you will be in the ranks with the "Pros", and will have Left me well in the dust, cough..cough..choke..choke..

I am very happy for you! Can't wait to see the new pics.

jamie said...

The 30D???? Wow!! Have fun with that!!!! I can't wait to see what it can do!!

I wish I could come play at the waterfront park.. in shorts and t-shirts. I am envious. Maybe next time we come home, we will come get Riley and all go to the park!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't recognize that park at all. Are you sure that's in Beaufort? :)