Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Just for Jamie...

in Alaska; more signs of Spring! The first is a Bradford pear blossom on a tree in our yard. I didn't know what the second flower was until I looked at Ms. Judy's post from yesterday and noticed that they looked awfully similar. I asked my mom, and she confirmed that it is Jasmine. The state flower, and I can't even identify it! I just like the smelly kind of Jasmine (Confederate, I believe), and the Carolina jasmine doesn't smell.

P.S. I'm NOT copying your posts, Ms. Judy! I promise!!! I just needed something besides pics of the kids for today's post...and I'd already done the red geraniums! LOL.





6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful!!!! I need to bring Drew to your house to take some pictures!!! I hope Jamie enjoys!

Judy said...

What a true friend you are, I know jamie will love these...hey it's bound to happen, I love to see your take on the shots of flowers too. Birds too! I am still after that cotten pickin' red bird.

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos Amy! I love that sign in the bottom photo!

jamie said...

Ame, thanks. You know I love all the color I can get, even if it is on a blog.haha. However, the snow is turning grayish, black, from all the exhaust and mud and dirt. I love flowers, too. I wish I knew all about them, like my mom, but I don't. When they are in your yard, blooming, it feels like such an accomplishment. And watering flowers is definitely a stress reliever. In the summer its a wonder my flowers don't drown. Anyway, thanks for thinkin about me. Love ya!!

Oh and why don't you come up with mom and we'll have a little photo shoot up here!!

Shelia said...

Great pics Amy! I love the Martha sign! LOL Where in the world can I get one of those?!

Heather said...

Amy, Great pics! Love the colors. The sign says it all. P.S. I love all the kid pictures the best. : )